Well How-Day! jodysscribbles.wordpress.com nomintated me for the Liebster Blog Award! I am still new to all this blogging biz, so I am not quite sure what it means, but it appears that she thinks my blog is at least worth visiting to look at the pictures. Thanks so much!!
Here are the answers to the questions that she asked:
1. What is the main reason you have a blog? I realized one day that there are alot of funny things that happen in my life. I think that my friends and family are tired of my recycled stories, but the blogging community has no idea who I am, so it is a novel experience for them. They don’t know what a blithering idiot I am yet! I never have been a serious writer, but have always enjoyed it. This is basically a great creative outlet for me.
2. What is most important to you in the world? Jay. Of course, I am going to give the ol’ cliche, it is the people that I love. A close second you ask? An open mind. Tied with humor. Love, my smarts, and laughing.
3. If you are experiencing writer’s block, how do you overcome it? This is probably a pretty boring answer, but I commute a long ways. I have an hour + drive to work and then back every day. It gives me alot of times to work things out in my brain, when I am not feeling too tired to rub two brain cells together. I also keep a list of little things that I would someday like to put into a blog/letter to a friend/bestselling memoir.
4. What most inspires you to write? All of the characters in my life.
5. Who was your greatest role model as a child? I wish I was an awesome kid that loved Tich Nhat Hahn or Gloria Steinem. But that just doesn’t really fly in elementary school. Actually my Godmother was an inspiration to me. She is a pilot for United Airlines, and a lady piloting a plane back in the day was actually a pretty big feat. (Obviously people have not been reading their Steinem). She taught me to see past my little window out into the horizon. She’s pretty awesome. For artistic inspiration, I just have to give a shout out to Bob Ross. No qualifier needed.
6. If you looked back on your life, is there anything you wished you had done differently? Played more. Seriously, I am a worrier. I wish I did less of that.
7. What’s your favourite post you have created and why? I think my post about social work. It was speaking straight from the heart vs. my prefrontal cortex. But I am sure I will have more faves as I get going. Right now I only have 3 posts.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, past, present, or future, where would you go? Oh boy. That’s a toughy. Where is the place where you can find all the answers to the secrets of the universe? That is where I want to go. There and Morocco.
9. What would you like to be doing in 5 years time? Therapy/Social Work, painting, and hanging with those I love. Oh, and throw in some good food to that equation.
10. What do you hope to achieve by writing? I wanna make people laugh. The first time I read a David Sedaris book I was laughing uncontollably in a library much to my embarassment. Not that I will ever rival Sedaris, but I want to make people at least almost laugh. Or think “that is kind of funny maybe.” Also, I just wanna speak someones truth and have them connect with my writing.
My Top 10 Nominees
I am sure that there are tons of really fantastic blogs out there. I have only been on wordpress for a few weeks so I have not had the chance to read them. I am sorry if I left yours out. I am sure I will come across it sooner or later and it will change my life.
1. Wizard Turdz – You won’t find a post here yet, but it is sure to be a hit!
2. Wine Tits and Hysterical Fits – this beautiful lady and I went to high school together, slacked off in PE, and started a blog in our 20’s
3. Jody’s Scribbles – an adorably lovely lady from the UK is going to Social Work School
4. The War in My Brain – A beautiful & authentic blog about living with OCD
5. Mister G Kids – this blog is hilarious! The comics are awesome!
6. Ryan Boltons Notes – Great photos.
7. The Belle Jar – good reads
8. You & Mie – cutest baby photos ever!!
9. Queer Landia – I used to live in Portland. This blog is way better than Portlandia.
10. Cute Overload – daily dose of adorbsies critters
My 10 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is the message of your blog?
2. What is meaningful for you in life?
3. How do you seek happiness?
4. Favorite Recipe?
5. Funniest Story?
6. Who is your role model/models and why?
7. What inspired you to start a blog?
8. What do you hope others take from your blog?
9. Band we should all be listening to right now?
10. What you wish you knew then, what you know now?